Chris Ritke is thinking and writing...

...about this and that and some other things...

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Basil Pesto



I love it. Basil pesto. They've got Basil at Trader Joe's - I make a batch about once a week. Leave it in the refrigerator overnight - it's sooooo good - I eat it almost every day. Well, maybe every two days.

Ingredients: Salt, Garlic, Roasted Pine Nuts, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Basil.

I crush the garlic, salt and pine nuts with a fork - I like it when half of the pine nuts stay whole.

And, of course: Pasta made from 100% hard durum semolina and grated parmesan - I don't add the parmesan to the pesto but rather sprinkle it on after I mix the pasta with the pesto. That's just me - you might like it mixed in with the pesto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home