Chris Ritke is thinking and writing...

...about this and that and some other things...

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I can't believe it.

I can't believe it. I just got an email from some guy who found his stuff in 49media. OMG! What horror! We are actually indexing his weblog and showing people thumbnails of his images. We should be put in prison for that. No - better yet - we should rot in hell for a million years for doing that.

Just imagine: Somebody might actually find his site through 49Media and start reading. Or even store images of his images in their brains.

I just reminded him to send google, yahoo, web.de and a zillion other search engines emails telling them to delete references to his weblog and thumbnails from their servers. GOOD LUCK!

Hm. This reminds me of some guy who wrote in a forum: "I think the Mac Mini Sucks. It won't even run Windows XP!!!!!!!" Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!. There sure are some pretty wild people out there.

Oh - wait... I just got an email back from this gentleman - it seems the 'shitty' is that we didn't first ask him whether we could include his site in ours. Now I'm wondering, are we supposed to send an email to the owner of every blog in our database (man, there are a lot!) asking them if it's ok to have links to their blogs? Do all bloggers have to ask the owners of other blogs if they may link to them? Does Google, Yahoo and all of the other guys out there have to send emails to the owners of all of the sites they're indexing? There's an army of people out there that are doing nothing but trying to figure out how to get blogs and web sites INTO the search engines and get them to the top of the list... this guy should start a company whose mission is to get blogs and web sites out of the search engines and to get the hit count as close to zero as possible.

Boy. I sure am glad I have a blog so I can vent a little. Now I can get back to doing what I had planned for today.

PS. I THINK I'm right about this. If not please let me know... I'm always in learning mode.

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, June 08, 2005 12:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blogging and Podcasts are public information. If it wasn't then they would have password protected these sites/items. Therefore, you wouldn't see your content anywhere else.

    Rafael
    The Retro Podcast
    http://rafa1215.libsyn.com

     
  • At Monday, July 11, 2005 1:37:00 AM, Blogger Michael Meiser said…

    This has been an ongoing debate on the Yahoo video blogging group. I just call it an issue of "re-vlogging etiquette".

    Vloggers are very defensive about their bandwidth and there have been some abusers like i638.com whom attempt to use vloggers and everyones video content to build their google and yahoo juice without so much as a thank you or attribution. It's counterproductive. If they weren't so smarmy about it and gave some links and attribution back to the vloggers I imagine the vloggers wouldn't be so malicious toward them.

    Vloggers are a finicky bunch, but that said I'm sure as of my reading this they're all big fans of 49media.com. You're clearly promoting them, giving them attribution, pushing traffic to their sites. These are all great things and I commend you for them. I just wish I could find more time to spend on your site myself. :)

    -Mike of mmeiser.com/blog

     

Post a Comment

<< Home