Chris Ritke is thinking and writing...

...about this and that and some other things...

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Podcastcon UK - the day after

It's Sunday morning here in London, I'm in my hotel stealing somebody's Wifi to get online... but I am!

Podcastcon UK was absolutely fabulous. Paul, Adrian, Alex and Neil really pulled this thing off - it was a success from start to finish.... and it wasn't over until they closed the pub at 11, when everybody headed home to rest their sore bodies and minds.


Sadly enough I didn't get any audio, but I'm going to try to get some of the people I met there on the phone for interviews...

All of the speakers really had fascinating things to say (I'm not speaking for myself here of course... duh) - but one thing that really stands out in my mind is what James Cridland from Virgin Radio had to say about Podcasting and mainstream/commercial radio: is podcasting a threat to traditional radio or is it the other way around??? Many, many people like to listen to stuff that they're used to - and not necessarily new or crazy or original stuff... I really think it's important for the podcasting community to keep in mind that talking and listening to the people of traditional media is extremely important. Because there's not going to be only podcasting in 5 years, just like there's not only blogging today - it'll all be out there. All of this new media is not replacing anything, it's in addition to what's already out there now.

(This is the same text I posted to podcrawl)

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, September 19, 2005 1:52:00 AM, Blogger Jonathan Marks said…

    Dead right there. Audio, in all its shapes and forms, is going to be out there. Would be great if radio could get the sort of interface we're getting used to in iTunes. The radio guys still want us to remember a frequency!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home