Chris Ritke is thinking and writing...

...about this and that and some other things...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

No, don't f*ck YouTube

They may be pulling all those eyes in with stolen crap - but they're pulling eyes in, and that's got to be a good thing for grass roots media. People are learning that there is an alternative to MSM. They're learning through YouTube and other sites like Ourmedia and 49Media that there is something going on outside of TV and Radio. There may be a lot of crap in there (much much less crap in Ourmedia, no comment on 49Media for obvious reasons) - but I'll bet there's also some good stuff. And one person's crap is most probably some body else's good stuff!

I think that's good!

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still say the heck with YouBoob, and here is why...

    ...eyes are not created equal.

    PLUS: we don't need to rip off content from other sources, Chris, my great ally and brother blogger...

    We and you and I in the New Reformed Insane Blog Media Network...we are literally Swimming in Cesspools of Outrageous Content Torrents!

    MSM is dead! Long Live Social Media!

    As 49 Media recognized long ago, all blogs will either be multi-media...or perish!

     
  • At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my latest comment on genuis Jason Calacanis blog:

    [QUOTE--under "Peter Rojas Has a Blog"]

    I my personal problem with a Personal Blog is I have too many aspects and facets.

    I don't want to clog my Personified Blog with all the junk I care about with a lax and lazy passion: anarchy, web usability, theology, pastor-bashing, raising exotic butterflies (correct term: "flutter-bys"), social media gimmicks, milking morons, soup kitchen revolution, universal democracy, etc.

    So a "personal blog" is an oxymoron...not that there's anything wrong with that.

    [END QUOTE]

    vaspy

     
  • At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, vaspy is right, and so are you Chris. Maybe vaspy, though, needs to explore and analyze YouTube before he rags on the illegality and emptiness of the business model.

    Hey, Chris, if you got any business models you're done with, send those pretty gals over here, to our new cult, or cul-de-sac!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home